This months Birchbox has just landed and my goodness is it one of the best I have come across in recent months, perhaps even for the entire year of 2015. A slick neon pouch that could double up as either a funky clutch bag or a fun place to stash all your travel essentials, not only is the packaging wonderful the contents are rather fabulous too. I would suggest you stop reading here if you do not want any spoilers...
This month not only do the contents somewhat vary but so does the shade of the plastic pouch that has come in place of the traditional box packaging; fear not as all four colour options are equally pretty and have been designed to reflect various travel destinations. You will either receive the sizzling hot orange "St Tropez" bag, the crisp aqua green "Hydra", the sunny yellow "Somerset" or the neon pink "Ibiza" bag. They are so well made that I would happily purchase the other colours should they ever be put up for sale!
As I have the Ibiza option it is all I can really comment on in terms of contents but I am assured that the other versions are equally as wonderful. Here is what is inside the Birchbox Ibiza bag:
- Balance Me Congested Skin Serum - this nifty serum contains aloe vera, chamomile and lavender to soothe existing breakouts as well as soothe and calms the skin too.
- Unani Aloe Vera Gel - the perfect product to soothe, repair, moisturise and cool the skin. If you experience sunburn this Summer, this is the product you want to have near. Nothing quite cools and calms like it.
- Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in Peach Parfait - a dinky eyeshadow palette containing three warm, shimmering beach ready eyeshadows.
- Benefit Dream Screen - a weightless and traceless SPF 45 for the face which does not irritate nor overwhelm the skin. I would only be lying to you if I said I haven't already considered purchasing a full size bottle.
- Jelly Pong Pong Glow Getter Luminizer Gel (full size) - a pretty rose pink liquid highlighter that is a breeze to apply and gives a subtle, lit from within glow to the skin.
- Barely Prep, Blot & Blend Sponge (full size) - a small yet perfectly formed make-up sponge that can be used to apply foundation, cream products or of course contour and highlight.
If this months box or should that be bag has intrigued you then I have an exclusive £5 off code for all new subscribers, simply enter SUMMERSG at checkout and enjoy.
You can subscribe to Birchbox UK here - link.
This post contains a press sample.