If you are tying the knot this year everyone's favourite nail brand Essie have a new bridal collection on the way - Essie Hubby for Dessert. A bizarre collection name, I will give you that but look beyond that and I think you will be pleasantly surprised - bride to be or not! With six shades in total ranging from pastel pinks and peaches to a delightful lilac and a bold nail or two - there really is something for everyone. To the best of my knowledge (and after a quick Google search) this has yet to launch in the UK but I did manage to pick up a mini kit Essie Lovely Sheers Limited Edition Bridal Set via eBay featuring the two shades I desperately wanted to try, along with Essie Blanc and a top/base coat duo!
The six shades within the collection are:
- Essie Tying the Knottie - "Sheer floral pink. With her angelic beauty and this exquisite sheer true pink, it’s sure to be a match made in heaven."
- Essie Hubby For Dessert - "Sheer candied lilac. Smooth. Sweet. Rich. However you slice it, this irresistible sheer candied lilac takes the cake."
- Essie Worth the Wait - "Coral-kissed pink. Will she? Won’t she? This tender, coral-kissed pink keeps him hopefully devoted, until she says yes, at long last."
- Essie Brides to Be - "Soft-spoken caramel blush. The guest list. The invite. The dress. This soft-spoken caramel blush sees you through the gruelling to-do list with style and grace."
- Essie Brides No Grooms - "Bachelorette bright pink. Love them. Adore them. But watch out! When this bachelorette bright pink is in the mix, brides will go wild."
- Essie Happy Wife Happy Life - "Radiant red orange. This radiant red orange holds the key to a long and blissful marriage: if she’s happy everyone’s happy."
The two shades that appealed to me most were Essie Tying the Knottie and Essie Worth the Wait as I tend to only wear pale pink and almost nude shades on my nails. I like a hint of polish, for a gentle groomed look over bright shades - that is not to say that my finger isn't lingering over the buy it now button for Essie Happy Wife Happy Life. Essie Tying the Knottie is a pale, barely there hint of pink which is not worlds apart from Essie Muchi Muchi. Essie Worth the Wait has to be my personal favourite - think of it as peach melba but in polish form. It truly is beautiful and will be perfect for both Spring and Summer, not to mention a bridal party. As much as I adore the Essie Bridal Collection for 2015 I can't help but think it is missing a pretty, pale blue?
Products and items that are featured on The Sunday Girl may have been sent for consideration of feature, or may be items that I have purchased myself. Regardless all opinions expressed on this site are of my own and honest. Any sponsored content will be clearly marked, you can read my full disclaimer here at any time.